Community Matters is our Corporate Social Responsibility Programme. We consider the positive impact our business can have both through our client partnerships and the active contribution of our people.
As a global company, we support our local communities through local fundraising events and initiatives. Here are some of the things we have done to give something back:
- Our colleagues in India supported the NGO Akshaya Patra Foundation which strives to eliminate classroom hunger by operating a school lunch programme. Our colleagues helped by distributing ‘Happiness Kits’ made up of food items along with an educational activity book so that the children could also continue learning throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
- During 2019 and 2020, colleagues across the UK raised money for our two corporate charities; End Youth Homelessness and Marie Curie, through a variety of activities including: a run, walk or cycle 5k challenge, climbing Scafell Pike, 100-mile Ride London event, virtual tea parties and a festive Christmas raffle.
- We donated old office furniture to the Inland Waterways Association that were most grateful as this donation helped them to maximise the effectiveness of resources on their charitable objectives.
- We also recycled some of our old work mobile phones. Our mobile network provider made a donation of £3,500 to our corporate charities in December 2020 for the phones we handed back.
- Our team in Wales contributed items to the Wrexham Foodbank. We focused on low or zero stock items, including tin openers, shaving foam, 600 razors and loads of juice. Our Glasgow based team was thanked for helping councils to distribute free school meals money during the Covid-19 crisis.