The customer had multiple mobile apps on different platforms to deliver digital content (journals, articles, and newsletter). The source of publishing these contents was also disparate. User had to download multiple apps to browse through different content type. Switching from one app to another app was not a seamless experience for users. It was also challenging to maintain multiple apps for each publication on different platforms and different environments. To enhance the user experience, develop a more feature-rich app, and ease the app management, a single app delivering all the publications was the crucial need of the business. Additionally,
it needed to be developed and Go Live in a couple of months’ time to avoid the annual cost of maintenance which was soon due for the renewal.
Within four months’ time, we developed and gone Live with the new mobile app for both iOS and Android. The app was optimised to be compatible with both smartphones and tablets of any make and dimension.
- Seamless browsing of four different publications through a single app
- Each publication with different themes, content and content structures
- Read volumes, issues and articles in online mode
- Save the issues and/or article to view them in offline mode
- Search the text within the article
- Send push notifications when new content is published
- Add personalised notes and highlights in the articles
- Access the articles based on the subscriptions available
- Social media integration
- Incorporated Google Analytics tracking code
- Increased user base, increased discoverability, more eyeballs
- The same app delivers both subscribed content and free content
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Increased intelligence of the user base due to analytics
- Real-time content available on the app – same time as the web platform
- Agnostic Architecture such that the mobile app does not depend on the content source
Our Value Offering
Throughout our engagement with the customer, we have played the role of a technology partner rather than a service vendor. Our value offering is based on the following key pillars:
- Technology Expertise – Our unparalleled experience in publishing software solutions enables us to understand customer requirements precisely and delivers technical solutions aligned to the requirements.
- Service Delivery – Our experience in working on large scale IT programs and our reputation as a trusted technology partner, coupled with a robust set of frameworks, methodologies, and best practices enable us to understand and deliver beyond customer expectations.
- Domain Expertise – Our understanding of the Publishing business enables us to design solutions and workaround issues like an extended part of the customer’s team rather than as a service provider.
- Publishing CoE – Our dedicated Publishing CoE propagates best practices in the publishing domain and ensures that resources are abreast with the latest technology developments, enabling us to add value throughout the engagement